Monday, December 1, 2008

Sleep

Unfortunately things seem to be getting worse in the sleep category.....I thought for sure that Annaka would be well on her way to sleeping through the night by now. But lately it has felt like we are moving in the opposite direction! A few weeks ago I could set my clock to little Annaka. She went to sleep at 6:30 or 7pm - woke up for a bottle at 3:30am - going back to sleep till 7 or 8am. No surprises....she did this for several weeks in a row. Now the last few weeks have been all over the place. Bedtime is still the same but sometimes she wakes up at midnight - sometimes 2am - sometimes 4am - Sometimes not at all. Then the last two nights she has woken up twice! Yikes! Last night was 1:30am and then again at 4:30...yuck!! I decided not to offer her food at 4 and just rocked her back to sleep....that seemed to work. She went back to sleep until 7:20am.

So I haven't been able to figure out what is different and why things have changed. All I know is that I can't wait to sleep through the night again!!

Naps are getting a tiny bit better....she still only sleeps for about a half hour three times a day. Sometimes the naps are stretched to 40 minutes and very rarely 50 minutes. But she hasn't been fighting me as much and seems to fall asleep a little better now for naps. I have been letting her sleep on the chaise lounge chair in our living room. I know I'm supposed to make her sleep in her crib but I'm in "whatever works" mode right now. I also was trying to avoid car rides to make her fall asleep but I have done that several times as well in the last week. Again....whatever works!!

But for the most part she is a really happy girl....she definitely gets overtired by the end of the day, but would still rather smile and be social than sleep! Today my friend Stephanie and I went to lunch and then to Target to do some Christmas shopping. Annaka was soooo good....hamming it up to everyone who would talk to her.

We saw another 3 month old baby with his mom and he was sleeping peacefully in his car seat being pushed around the store. Not Annaka...she was awake wanting to be held. Silly mommy....she can't see everything if she is in her car seat!

But at least she smiles...and those smiles melt my heart!!

No comments: