Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Indiana Trip

The trip to Indiana was really nice! Annaka slept the entire way there...except for the two half hour breaks we took at rest stops. That was all well and good except that her sleep schedule is still messed up. She has woken twice in the night for the last five nights....something she hasn't done since her first few weeks of life. I don't know if it is because of all the sleep in the car this weekend or if there are other contributing factors....still trying to figure her out!!

Back to the trip....we arrived in Goshen and Aunt Sharon and Uncle Doug's around 4pm. Snow welcomed us....which we totally expected. It has snowed nearly every time Derek goes to Indiana for Christmas since we were in college seven years ago! This snow was mild compared to some but still made the roads a bit slick. Sure made it feel like Christmas though!! We visited my good friend Lori....went to Goshen College together back in the day. Great to see her!! Also made a stop at El Comino....the best Mexican restaurant in Goshen (in my opinion)....another flash back to the college days!

Sunday was spent in Topeka Indiana with the Sprunger family (my mom's side). So nice to see everyone! Annaka (and mommy and daddy) only slept about 6 hours Saturday night so that wasn't too fun. Annaka was surprisingly good all day Sunday but not her usual smiley self....a bit dazed actually. She fell asleep right as presents were being handed out!
After a yummy breakfast (and a stop at the Amish bulk food store for spices and other fun food items) on Monday morning, we headed back to PA. Again Annaka slept the entire drive. We even stopped once and took turns going in to use the restroom....she never stirred. But like I said....we are still paying for all that extra sleep.

She has also not been eating as well as she usually does. This little girl doesn't mess around when it comes to food. But lately she is being a major nibbler. She gets sooo distracted and can't even stay focused on the task at hand.....eating. I think this is also what is waking her multiple times at night....hunger. Today I tried to get her back to eating her normal amount during the day but she again fell 6 oz short.....So I'm sure tonight I will be up again twice before morning.

Just when I thought I had her figured out, she is throwing a major curve ball. I can't wait for her doctor appointment on the 30th....which will hopefully mark the start of feeding her cereal. Perhaps that will help the situation. All I want for Christmas is for Annaka to start sleeping through the night. I tell her this everyday....we shall see if she listens!

No comments: