I was was thinking of Mary in a whole new light today...being that I have now experienced pregnancy and child birth. I really give her credit for riding that donkey so late in her pregnancy....enough to send any women into labor I think! Wow....I can't imagine....belly sticking way out....and was she having contractions?!!? Wow...what a strong women!
We have started our Christmas season here at our house...
1. I worked at setting up my Christmas village on our mantel (and hung the stockings)
2. We put up the tree on Monday night...we collect ornaments on our vacations so I love unwrapping them and taking a stroll down memory lane!
3. Annaka and I spent Tuesday afternoon Christmas shopping for Derek (and some others as well)
4. Tonight was the First Energy's (Derek's work) children's Christmas party.
It was a nice evening....they had food, a ventriloquist, and Santa was there! So Annaka got her first picture with Santa. Here is the scan of the Polaroid that they took.
They even gave each child a present...actually the little ones got two packages. We are saving them for Christmas though. Annaka did really well....even though the party started right at her normal bed time. She slept in the car going there and woke up when we arrived. She loved watching all the people (kids especially) that were there..and even handed out a few smiles.
This weekend we travel to Indiana to have Christmas with my mom's extended family. I am excited for Annaka to meet her great aunts and uncles and second cousins. It should be a fun weekend. We are unsure of the trip there...don't know how Annaka will handle a car trip that long. It usually takes five hours....we shall see what the duration is with a three month old along for the ride. Pray for our sanity =)

No comments:
Post a Comment