Friday, October 10, 2008

Over Tired!

Yesterday afternoon and last evening were horrible! How do you make a tired baby sleep who doesn't want to sleep?? I could tell all day that Annaka wasn't sleeping enough but I couldn't get her to sleep for longer than 15 to 30 minutes at a time. By 4:00 she was a mess...crying but not sleeping. We tried to get her calmed down and put her in her crib after dinner.....but she still wouldn't stay sleeping. We finally put her in the car at about 8:15 and drove. She fell asleep and Derek carried her to her room in her car seat....there she slept til 6am! She is back in her crib now at 8 for a nap. I guess I need to be more diligent about her naps and just putting her down and making her stay there until she sleeps.

I took out a book from the library...Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's written by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. I've only read a little but so far it seems as though it will be helpful.

Sorry....no picture to post. There were no pictures taken yesterday as there were no happy babies in this house.

No comments: