Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chunky Monkey

And I am not talking about the Ben and Jerry's Ice cream flavor. I'm talking about a little girl named Annaka. We went to her two month check up today. She weighed 14 pounds 4 ounces!! But the doctor assured me that she is right on track with her eating and all is well. She is also now 23 3/4 inches! But I knew she was getting long since she is growing out of her clothes. She also had some vaccines - five to be exact. One was given by mouth and then she had two shots. Lucky for us they have just introduced a shot that contains three of the four vaccines in one shot. So she only had to have two shots instead of four! She didn't really like the shots (as to be expected) but she stopped crying when I picked her up and was smiling at me afterwards when I was getting her dressed again. She seemed a little sore and fussy this afternoon so I gave her some infant Tylenol (Doctors orders). If anything she has been more sleepy today. Her and I both napped together on my bed for about an hour this afternoon and then she took another two hour nap! Early to bed tonight too....such a sleepy girl! You can see her little band-aid in the picture below.Other than our adventures to the Doctor's office today there isn't much new to report. We had productive weekend here at home - grocery shopping, laundry, bread baking, beer bottling, and scrapbooking. I am making great strides in Annaka's Baby Album - can't wait to show you all!

Oh yeah....a funny story. Derek and I realized on Thursday night that we had never renewed our car registrations and updated the inspections in September - oops! Too busy with Annaka to obey the law! =) At any rate we got online right then and renewed our registrations and printed out a temporary. I called on Friday to the garage to set up the inspections and of course they couldn't get us in until this week. So we were out and about Saturday evening and only about a mile from home got stopped....arrrgg!! So unlucky. We have a ticket but the officer said if we show up to the trial with the car inspected that he'll drop the charges. Here's the funny part.....I was telling the story to my mom on the phone and she said they did the SAME THING when I was born!! How funny!! That will definitely have to make it into the scrapbook =)
Just a cute shot of Annaka hanging out with Daddy...

No comments: