grilled cheese and I heated some leftovers for myself in the microwave. I put everything on the table and sat down to take a few bites. Annaka was in the dining room watching the neighbor kids selling lemonade....she loves watching and being around other kids! I took a few bites of my lunch and then said "Annaka, do you want some lunch?" No response. So I said it again. This time I heard little feet coming down the hallway. Annaka came into view with a huge smile on her face and walked right over to me with her arms up. I put her in her highchair and she ate her entire grilled cheese unassisted (I of course had cut it into pieces ahead of time).I sat there thinking about how she is already becoming more independent and a little tiny bit self sufficient....at least she can feed herself! What a difference a year makes! She is growing into such a big girl and I am loving every minute of this journey (well most minutes)! I love seeing her grow, and change, and learn.
Yesterday we had a birthday party for Annaka with our family. It was so nice to have all the grandparents and a few of the great grandparents as well. We had such a fun time together eating, talking, laughing, and being entertained by one special little girl!
Annaka had fun opening her presents, but she definitely got distracted. She got lots of cute books and a few stuffed animals. She also got a cute little giraffe to ride around and a lion to walk behind and push.

The cake was a hit and she knew right what to do with it!! She was pretty gentle and didn't make too big of a mess. I don't think any actual cake was ingested...just icing....the best part of course!


No comments:
Post a Comment