Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Catching up

Several things to catch up on! First of all....we did go for a walk at Brady's Run park last Friday afternoon. Such a beautiful fall day. Annaka LOVES to be outside and was just taking it all in from her stroller. Here are a couple of photos from that walk.
Derek is such a good photographer.....love this shot of the geese.
Annaka's first slide experience...

Saturday was spent working outside. Annaka did pretty well hanging out with us. I was working on the deck cleaning up flower pots and putting furniture cushions away for the winter. She did great....she loves just hanging out on her blanket - kicking and "talking". Derek did most of the work....cleaning up flower beds, mowing the lawn, and taking multiple trips to the community compost. That night we went to a Halloween party. It was hosted by Dave who works with Derek and really quite fun! It was a nice break away from Annaka. My friend Leslie came to the house to play with Annaka. This was the first time that we haven't put her to bed...although she really didn't seem to mind much. I really love that she is already getting used to having other people take care of her! I also feel SO blessed that I have some great friends whom I completely trust with taking care of Annaka.

Sunday my mom and dad and Grandma and Grandpa Sprunger came to visit. This was the first that Great Grandma and Grandpa Sprunger had met Annaka. We had a really nice time together and of course Annaka hammed it up and performed beautifully =) She is so fun to watch now smiling all the time and "talking" in long babbling chains.

Here is a generation picture that we got that day....Annaka, me, my mom Audra, and her parents Orland and Royann Sprunger.

The last two days have been beautiful here and soooo warm! We have spent time outside and on walks....such a nice treat in November.

This morning Annaka went with me to vote.....it's amazing how many friends you make out and about when you have a baby =) Everyone talks to me now! But at least it made the time in line go by quickly.

This evening we went to Don Pablo's with some friends for dinner. Annaka did quite well...even though I was hoping that she would fall asleep on the way there since she didn't nap well today. But she was entertained by all the people and lights and ceiling fans. She did of course have to have a giant, up the back poop though. Luckily I had enough wipes!!

No comments: