The title of this post pretty much sums up my days lately. Annaka does not like napping....luckily she sleeps great at night. But no napping and her constant need for attention makes for some long days. It's pretty hard to have a one way conversation all day! She loves being out and about so I try to visit friends and go places to make the day more entertaining for the both of us. If I'm lucky she takes three 30 minute naps per day. The first nap is around 10 or 11 and that is when I shower....about all I have time for before she wakes again. The second nap is around lunch time....so that is what I do....eat lunch. The third....if I'm lucky is around 4pm so I try to get some supper ready. Derek is usually home by then too.
But I type this at 6:30pm and she is already sleeping for the night....probably will wake up once between now and morning but at least I have three hours to myself before my bed time. A little blogging...a little scrapbooking.....doing the dished from dinner....and perhaps having a meaningful conversation with my husband. Life is good but SOOO DIFFERENT! God is teaching me some great lessons in patience, and teaching me that I don't always get to be first.
As I was uploading some pictures to Kodak this weekend I realized that I don't have many pictures of me and Annaka. I am usually the one to pick up the camera so I have many good ones of Derek and her. So I have been reminding him more to take our picture. Here's one from this weekend...

As for new skills....
1. Annaka now has some intonation when she "talks" and often will make high pitched squeals. I think she's going to laugh soon and I can't wait!!
2. She says baa, gaa, and daa with more regularity
3. Now tries to reach for the toys on her activity mat and gets frustrated when she can't pull them to her mouth (they don't hang low enough to reach her mouth)
4.Has been consistently waking up happy in her crib and just talks to herself and plays with her hands until I go and get her...unless I take too long then she starts to yell.
Today felt like Christmas!! I LOVE this time of year....so excited for Thanksgiving on Thursday!! Then begins the Christmas season. Today it was snowing all day - if we were still living in NY we would have had a foot or two but here we have an inch or two. I'll take it though...makes everything so pretty and I couldn't resist turning on the Christmas music =)
We are spend time with family on Thursday and even extending the festivities into the weekend. I absolutely love living closer to family now....especially now with Annaka here.
Oh and I almost forgot to mention...such a bad mommy =) Annaka was three months yesterday. Wow...I can hardly believe that we've had her here for three whole months. Amazing! Happy 3 month Birthday baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment