I hung out with Amy and her son Garrett (18 months) most of the day and we had a really fun time together. Amy and I got to know each other even better and Annaka and Garrett got along famously. I think they were more entertained by each other and the other kids than by the animals though. They both really liked the Aquarium and enjoyed seeing all the fish!
I was a little worried about Annaka being in the stroller all day but she was awesome and I didn't have to carry her at all!! She was able to get out and move around during our lunch break but otherwise she was content. Amy and I thought that we (the kids) would be done soon after lunch but they were real troupers and we stayed until 2!! Of course they both slept the whole way home.

My favorite part was the polar bear exhibit. There is a glass tunnel that you walk through that allows you to look up at the polar bears. You can see them swim right past you and above you.....very cool. And there was one bear in particular that was hamming it up for everyone there. He was quite a performer and was in the water the entire time we were at the exhibit. So fun to see and the kids LOVED it.....not so much Annaka but the older kids were in heaven! Not that Annaka disliked it but she just really didn't take notice of the animals at all....perhaps next summer. 


No comments:
Post a Comment