I thought today I would update a bit on our travel
adventures over the past

few weeks. Sunday July 12 ended up to be an unexpected very nice day. Derek was supposed to have to work that weekend but ended up not having to go in! The weather was beautiful so we packed up a picnic lunch and drove to Moraine State Park. They have a really nice paved bike path so we walked on that for a few miles with Annaka in her stroller. She liked seeing all the bikers and walkers pass by and was very content in her stroller. Then Derek carried her in the front pack and we hiked a bit. Unfortunately the trails were not marked well and we soon found ourselves turning around to avoid being lost in the woods. The redeeming factor was finding these black berries....yummy!! Of course Annaka wants to eat anything that we are eating so she tasted some too!!

Friday July 17 Mom, Dad, Annaka and I packed up for Indiana. I managed to see two of my best college girl friends....Natalie and Lori. So nice to reconnect and for them to see Annaka! There was also a Sprunger family picnic on Saturday. It was really great to see all my extended family, and I'm so glad I decided to make the trip! Here is Annaka with my mom and my Grandpa Sprunger (mom's dad).

We drove back from Indiana on Sunday morning (July 19) and met Derek to head to his great aunt Karen's 70th birthday party. We are so lucky that Annaka loves to be around people because she sure was toted to one event after another this weekend. We only had to go to New Kensington area instead of all the way to Scottdale so that was nice! It was a lovely time with family...some of whom were only meeting Annaka for the first time. She turned on her cuteness and entertained everyone. She was really walking well that day too! Here's daddy and Annaka watching Aunt Karen open her gifts.

No comments:
Post a Comment