Annaka had her 6 month doctor appointment today. Unfortunately that meant more shots but we both survived! She really is a trouper about the shots...I really can't complain. The doctor and I talked about a lot of things and here is the update...
1. Annaka weighs 19lbs 15 oz...almost a 20 pound baby! The doctor said not to worry because she is also very tall....28 inches. She is off the percentile chart for both height and weight but is proportional.
2. We are moving on to stage two foods. Bring on the spaghetti, rice, mac and cheese, pudding, and chicken noodle soup (all pureed of course)! Can't wait...this is when it's going to be fun to make some of our own baby food. The chemist in me wants to mix all the goodness of chicken, rice, and carrots =)
3. The doctor was very impressed at how well Annaka is sitting up by herself....we always knew she was advanced!!
4. I was told to lower Annaka's crib mattress since she may be starting to pull herself up soon
5. I posted yesterday that Annaka has one tooth peaking through and the doctor told me today that the one right next to it isn't far behind. This was backed up by the fact that Annaka was continuously biting her bottom lip today.
Just another bit of info that I haven't shared yet regarding bath time. Annaka really likes her bath and seems to love the water. We have started letting her sit up in her little tub instead of reclining on the little hammock that came with it. She loves this and LOVES to splash! The other night Derek and I were both wet and so was the bathroom. We now put her little tub down in the big tub so the splashing water is contained! So much fun though to see her having so much fun!
Sorry no picture...I've been slacking in that department.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment