Friday, May 15, 2009

Awesome Day

Today was a beautiful day....79 degrees and super sunny!! We had a nice balance of work and play today as well. This morning we worked on pricing our stuff for the community yard sale tomorrow. Since Annaka has been waking up at 6am lately we were done with that by 8am!! Then Derek mowed and I pulled some weeds. I also worked at mulching our front flower beds. Mulching is a huge undertaking at our house since we have so many flower beds. I'm sure it will be something I dread each year....kinda like raking leaves at the old house!

This afternoon we went downtown (Beaver) for an early supper. We tried the Philly's Original place for the first time....yummy! We took our dinner to the park and enjoyed some family time on a blanket under a big shade tree. We topped it of with some ice cream. Wish I would have had the camera....Annaka was loving it and her face was covered. I was shocked that she learned so quickly to put her tongue out to lick my ice cream cone. Then Derek reminded me that she is part Shenk and therefore eating ice cream is in her DNA!
Also wanted to post some cute pictures from today. Annaka is sporting another cute summer outfit....I love yard sales!!

Cutie smile....I love those little white teeth!!
Pretty blue eyes!
Love seeing her lashes in this one....she gets those long ones from her Daddy!
Just wanted to share some of the new foods Annaka has been trying recently...
1. Mashed potatoes
2. Curried potatoes and carrots
3. Tomato (she ate an entire slice from my salad this evening!!)
4. Garlic bread
5. Mozzarella cheese
6. Sausage and rice casserole (a classic from my childhood)
7. Gnocchi with red sauce
8. Soft pretzel
This girl sure does like flavor!


No comments: