So we began Tuesday night....we put her down awake....she cried for about 8 minutes and then fell asleep. I have also been doing the same for every nap. She never cries longer than 5 or 6 minutes and lately it has been less.
Along with putting her to sleep awake, we have started feeding her cereal 2 or 3 times a day. I think this is helping her get more calories during the day instead of needing bottles at night. Also, using the advice of the pediatrician, I have reduced the amount of food Annaka gets at night. She had been waking twice and eating four ounces (sometimes 6oz) each time. We reduced the bottles to 2 ounces each which also forces her to eat more during the day.
So....definitely been a long road (the last seven days and nights have been draining), but we are definitely headed in the right direction. Annaka has only woken once the last three nights and she now takes longer naps which is a welcomed change!
Who knew you had to teach a baby to sleep....I sure didn't! 


No comments:
Post a Comment