I can't believe that this cutie has been in our lives for 5 months...but indeed she is 5 months old today....January 24th. We were at the mall today and I was looking for a pair of thicker mittens for Annaka. Well I found some and this was the matching hat. I couldn't resist and at 50% off the already reduced price (I got it all for $5) it was a bargain! You can't really see in the picture but there are three tassel balls at the top. Also both the mittens and the hat are big enough that I think we will be able to use them next winter as well. I just love the little ear flaps!We had such a good week and weekend with Annaka! She is just so content these days. Yesterday Derek had the day off and we were shopping most of the afternoon. She was just the best baby...and of course she loves being out and about and having everyone stop and tell her how cute she is!
One of the things we were shopping for was a new dishwasher. Ours doesn't clean well at all and we were just getting so frustrated with it. Sears was having a sale on Kenmore appliances so hopefully it will be delivered on Wednesday!! Can't wait...it has turbo cleaning jets and everything!
Annaka's diet now consists of formula (of course), carrots, green beans, rice cereal, and oatmeal cereal. She likes them all the doesn't turn her nose up anymore at the green beans. This week we are going to try peas and squash....so exciting to little taste buds!

She is getting so good with her hands....she is intentionally reaching and grabbing for things all the time now. And her coordination is getting quite good. Tonight at dinner she got her hand right into my rice...she's quick. I think the days of sitting on our laps while we are eating are gone. She also is more intentional about touching the kitties. Of course then she always ends up with a handful (and then mouthful) of hair. Here Luna is the willing subject. The tail pulling is coming soon....won't that be fun!!

No comments:
Post a Comment