Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy 1 Month Birthday!

Today Annaka turned one month old! Wow! I can't believe that we've had her for a month! Sadly this is one of the only pictures I took of her today. She just couldn't hold her head up any longer....sooo sleepy!

To celebrate being one month old we took a trip to Target to buy some bigger onesies. She has already grown too long for all the 0-3 onesies that she had been wearing. A little sad...her first sign of growing older and bigger.

Also to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa Shenk visited Annaka. Actually it was a bit of a coincidence. Mom was coming back from the Hardware convention and Dad picked her up at the airport....then they couldn't resist stopping in to see Annaka since they were so close.

We have discovered that Annaka loves people and noise. The more people in one room talking the better. She is just so content. Last night we went to some friends' place for a campfire. Annaka was awake and happy the entire time! We got home and relaxed a bit to wind down and she fell asleep at 10:30 and didn't wake up until 3am! Then she was back to sleep until 7:30. Mommy and Daddy were definitely spoiled and loved the sleep =)

We have also discovered that Annaka loves ceiling fans. Yesterday she and I laid on the bed for 20 minutes watching the fan. She was very happy the whole time and told me all about it with all kinds of happy noises =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, Annaka is adorable I really hope I will be able to see her sometime! I'm so happy for you and Derrick! We miss you at AHS but are so happy you are doing great!

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! I can't wait to meet her. Sounds like everyone is great, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Lori