Friday, September 19, 2008

First Post

Hi family and friends!

I have decided to start a blog for your reading and viewing pleasure. I want to keep you all updated on Annaka and the changes that are happening with her. I had planned to send out periodic emails but decided to go this route instead. You can come to this website at your leisure and read about Annaka and our family. I can also post pictures and videos for you to see.

Last night was heaven...she slept four hours in a row.....which means that I slept for four hours in a row! Her typical night involves waking up every three hours....so last night was a real treat! Hopefully this is a trend that will continue. We shall see tonight.

Things have gotten so much better this week as far as a routine. She seems to wake about about 7:30 or 8:00 and is awake most of the morning. She is super alert and awake and loves to be on the floor on her blanket or on her tummy on the boppy. We sometimes go for a walk in the stroller and it seems she is getting more and more used to that. She usually takes a good long nap (2 hours or so) in the afternoon and then is awake in the evening. Sometimes her evenings are fussy, but last night was different....again hopefully this trend will continue. She actually hung out on her blanket on the floor and allowed Derek and I to eat our dinner....together....at the same time...wow! Bed time is between 8 and 9 and then we start all over again!

She has started making a different sound which is a very welcome change from all the grunting and crying that has been going on. It's an "aaaa" sound.....like in Annaka. I think she's already practicing to say her name. She is very smart =) She is still very good at holding her head up and can hold it up for longer periods of time now. I got this great picture of her looking at Lynx.

I have read that babies go through a growth spurt at 4 weeks...perhaps that is why she ate 30 oz of formula yesterday and had been sleeping for the past hour and a half! This morning nap is highly unusual. She is usually up for good at 7:30. This morning she got up and ate and then fell back to sleep. That means I actually got to shower before noon! I even blew my hair dry and put on some jewelry! Oh the luxury! And I got to write my very first blog post.

I hope you had fun reading. I really do hope to post regularly so you can all see pictures of Annaka growing.

And I will just leave you with one more picture.....for those of you who don't believe that she actually cries (attention all grandparents) =)


No comments: