This has been the scene at our house the last week or so. Annaka has had an on and off fever and has been doing A LOT of sleeping. She hasn't been eating well either but I think today was a turn for the better as she ate the best that she has in two weeks!She is also getting two molars which I'm sure is quite painful as those huge teeth push through her gums. But we are excited for her to be able to chew a wider variety of foods with those new teeth.
New things in October...
1. We were quite happy to have several nice warm days to enjoy the fall season. Annaka loves to be outside so we take every opportunity that presents itself. We enjoyed some walks, trips to the park, and just time playing on the deck at home. Annaka also loves to push/ride toys in the driveway.
2. Annaka understands so much of what we say. It is really nice to be able to communicate - even though it is very simple. She still isn't saying any words, which I find surprising but we keep teasing that she is just soaking it all in and is going to bust out with full sentences any day now!!3. Annaka LOVES books. She still isn't patient enough to sit and have a story read to her but she will sit and flip through books on her own. I guess she likes to go at her own pace. This is the reading chair at our house.
4. Annaka has adjusted quite well to all of our weekly activities. She goes to the nursery with no problem now....sometimes a pouty lip but rarely any tears. She is used to the women who care for her and loves the time to play with other kids. I'm so happy that she gets that time!5. She is finally starting to fit into all the 18 month clothes that I had been collecting for fall/winter. Some things are still a bit big but most things fit.
6. We have been noticing more bones appearing!! In fact this evening I thought she had hurt her ankle since I could see her "ankle ball" when I was putting on her socks. Then I realized that she is just losing chubbiness and is actually getting ankles! We also see shoulder blades and knees!
Annaka's favorites...
Toys:
1. books
2. baby dolls
3. anything she can push or pull
4. puzzles
5. anything that has a strap that can be put over her shoulder
Food:
1. apples
2. mashed potatoes
3 french fries
4. scrambled egg with cheese
5. bread
Activities:
1. Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
2. Playing outside
3. Climbing things (including daddy)
4. Pulling kitty tails
5. Snuggling on the couch
And I'll end with a cute little picture of Annaka wearing Derek's work gloves....to bad she can't actually help with the yard work!

No comments:
Post a Comment