Thursday, September 24, 2009

Big Girl Activities

I realized that I haven't posted in a while and today Annaka is 13 months old. So I thought it appropriate to update everyone on all the big girl changes that have happened lately. To the right is just a random cute picture of Annaka...her face covered in goulash

1. Annaka now sits facing forward in her car seat!! She seems to really love it and appreciates being able to see where she is going.

2. Annaka is learning to enjoy all of her times away from mommy and daddy. She has adjusted very nicely to staying with the sitters at small group, mom to mom, and CBS Bible Study. She cries initially when I hand her over but then is quickly distracted and loves the time to play with the other kids and the different toys. When I pick her up, she comes to give me a big hug but then wants to continue playing. I love it!

3. Annaka can run! Well at least walk very quickly. She is an expert walker now and can move her little body very fast these days. She can catch up with the kitties faster than they expect! She can also get away from us faster than we expect. Her favorite game is to run from us when we are trying to change her clothes or clean her face.

4. Annaka is sleeping longer at night. Her bedtime is still between 7:30 and 8pm but she will often sleep later in the morning....until about 8am. This is of course lovely on days when we don't have to be anywhere but three mornings a week it can cause some rushing to get to our activities on time!

5. Annaka's comprehension of words is building each day. I am amazed at what she can understand! Even the other day I smelled poop and I said "I smell a poopy diaper....do you have poopy?" And Annaka reached down for her diaper. I look at that as a good sign for early potty training!

6. Annaka's favorite toys right now include anything that can be pushed or pulled, containers that can be filled with things and then dumped, baby dolls, mixing spoons.

7. Annaka's favorite games/activities are playing chase, playing ball, building tents, and dancing to music. (This is one of the tents we built)8. Another skill that Annaka is mastering is actually placing her sippy cup on her high chair tray when she is finished taking a drink instead of chucking it on the floor. We are loving this one!!

9. Annaka has learned to turn off lights with the wall light switches. She is also an expert button pusher.

10. Annaka is quite the babbler these days....turn up your sound so you can hear her "talking"

No comments: