We have been busy lately. Monday my Grandma and Grandpa Sprunger visited from Indiana. They had a great time with Annaka and she had a great time with them. I love that Grandpa still likes to get down on the floor and play!!
The rest of the week Annaka was a bit under the weather and struggled with sleep. She has been waking up anywhere from 5am to 6:30am so we have been trying some different strategies to try to get her to sleep later in the morning. She also hasn't been napping too well. So we have just been putting her to bed in the evening whenever she shows signs of sleepiness....one night it was 5:45pm.....but she slept til 6am the next morning. Her naps are getting better....meaning there is less of a fight (less crying) when falling asleep. Unfortunately we are back to the half hour naps like back in December and January. But I think things are gradually getting better as she catches up on some sleep. I never thought that sleep would be such an issue....but that is definitely what stresses me out the most!
Annaka is getting her top two teeth....you can see the tips of both of them peaking through. I think that is adding to the unhappiness this week. She has a runny nose, cough, and slight fever which I think are all linked to the teeth. Hopefully once these pop through she will be her happy self again.
Derek ended up with a surprise day off on Friday so we spent some time as a family. Went to the mall at Robinson to do a little shopping and let Annaka play in the kiddy area....she liked watching all the other kids but didn't get into the toys like I thought she might. Here is a cute shot of her standing with the ladybug.

No comments:
Post a Comment